Brave is full of old fashioned heartbreak, tempered with an undercurrent of hope and resilience. Pinned with strong hooks and melodies that linger in your head, this album represents Emma Jo’s personal exploration of love, loss, and vulnerability. Written, produced and performed in America’s heartland, this record will be known as the one where Emma Jo found her true sound and didn’t let it go.
- Brave is the first solo record by Emma Jo since Waiting to be Heard.
- The album was recorded, mixed, and mastered by Mike West at 9th Ward Pickin’ Parlor.
- It features new songs, plus several songs that were reworked from previous albums. “Your Lies” and “A Walk in the Rain” were pulled from Waiting to be Heard. “Here it Comes” and “In the End” were remakes from Here it Comes.
- The release party for Brave was held on April 7, 2018, at Musical Theater Heritage in Kansas City, Missouri.
- “Your Story isn’t Over Yet” was written in the week following the loss of Emma’s father in 2017.
- “Forget It” was written by 1960s powerhouse pop crooner John Gary.
“The latest and most complete iteration of her vintage blend of soul and country music, ‘Brave’ is built to be a shining light in a sometimes dark world.” -Broken 8 Records